Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hey Santa, lend me your ear

I am just recovering from hosting my annual Breakfast with Santa. This annual event is a big thank you to my clients and dear friends for being so wonderful and to let them know how much I appreciate them.

It's always fun. I rent a community building in my neighborhood which is perfect for the event. My husband flips the cakes and my parents manage the tables (I recognize how very luck I am to have such wonderful family!). Santa arrives and the kids are filled with sheer delight.
The Delucchi girls with Santa last year!
It is such a warm and wonderful way to say thank you and I probably have more fun than anyone. With lots of food and good cheer and the big man in the house it is impossible not to!




Watching the kids whisper in Santa's ear makes my holiday season. Here are photos of Chris and Mischelle's son, Jackson chatting it up with Santa this year!
Ahhhhh, precious!
As life quiets down, I find time to think about what I would ask Santa for this Christmas. It would go something like this.  

Dear Santa, please end our wars and bring our soldiers home, guide people to accept one another as they are, ease the burden of those in need, bring joy and comfort to all the children, hold the hands of moms and dads and let them know all will be well, heal wounds and let love prevail. 

A tall list I know, but Santa is Santa after all!

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Darcy, it looks just fabulous. I'm very sorry that we couldn't make it. I hope under the circumstances you understand. But it looks like it was lovely. What a wonderful, fun thing for the kids. I hope Santa delivers on your wishes. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete